Friday 6 May 2011

Exhibition Space

For the final review I wanted to introduce an idea of how the exhibition/gallery spaces would be inhabited.

The spaces are simple - flexible and open plan. White polished plaster walls and oak floors. The maps could be hung on the walls or laid flat on tables (behind perspex/glass) in the centre of the small, 7m x 9.8m exhibition rooms.


Process

I rendered the view in v-ray. The light looks good here - the 3.8m vertical windows achieve long shadows across the room, encouraging people to wander across to them to experience the views.




I darkened the room slightly to draw more attention to the light patterns, added a sky behind the windows and hung up an old world map on the wall.




I then hung a few more maps up - the vertical windows allow a lot of wall space for displays. The library in the background has been coloured in and building 2 moved left to its correct position. The woman by the window is useful for scale.




Finally, I desaturated the image slightly because my final presentation sheets have a colour scheme of black, white, green, plus brick textures. I photoshopped in real trees to replace the sketchup trees to make the image more believable.


No comments:

Post a Comment